Tuesday, January 12, 2010

...twelve/threehundredsixtyfive...

A new lens came in the mail today.  Totally free of charge (Thanks Auntie). 
Nikkor AF 85mm f/1.8D
She said it was broken but I cannot find a flaw.  I didn't really know what she was giving me.  I was expecting more material for my bracelets but it will live out the rest of it's days in my camera bag.

So I came home today and obviously wanted to try the new toy.  So I called my dog to the living room and put her in "sit".  She looks up at me so cute, I put my eye to the viewfinder and... she's gone. This repeats itself at least 5 times, she's a pug and unfortunately not perfectly trained.
So I finally have an epiphany, TREATS!  
Treat in hand, I call her back to the livingroom rug.  She's kinda freaked out at this point because I've said her name a billion times, my wife and son are having a math homework meltdown at the table across the room and my daughter is parroting my calls to the poor dog from the couch.  Meanwile I haven't given her a treat.  Poor Pearl [dog] thinks it must be nail clipping time or some other cruel torture. 

Now I having just met this pretty new lens, we needed some adjustment time.  The only flaw I'd say was the focus is just a tad sluggish but I wasn't in the best lighting either. 

So while I'm framing and focusing, dog looking away, calling the dog, framing and focusing, dog looking away, calling the dog, faming and focusing... I finally just mash the shutter on continuous shooting and finally it come's together.

While I'm flipping through to find the perfect shot hidden within the many blurred/out of focus shots on my camera, I forget the treat is still in my hand. 
I look up and she's sitting still, staring at me in the cutest  head tilted pug way, not moving an inch.  So I put my camera to my eye...and she's gone.  I give up.





The cat is much more cooperative, he's very low drama.


No comments:

Post a Comment