Saturday, February 20, 2010

...fiftyone/threehundredsixtyfive...

With about 20 minutes notice we all rushed out the door this morning to go see an ice castle on Chautauqua Lake, NY.   I grabbed all my gear and we were gone.

We arrived 45min later and I got my camera out, turned it on and noticed the little "-E-" icon on the screen, NO DISK!  I was not happy.  I decided that I would find just a 2G SDcard somewhere in this town.  It's 2010, there has to be a store carrying them nearby.

First stop - RiteAid
"Sure, we have those, which size do you want?" 
"Just a 2 gig will do it."
"They're a little pricey"
"That's OK, how much could......$50! [eek]"
"Yeeeah, like I said"
"Thanks,  I'll pass"
"They might have them at Dollar General"


nope


Luckily the boy grabbed the ol' Sony point-and-shoot and saved the day.


















3 comments:

  1. That's only the coolest thing EVER

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING! The card thing...yeah, I have done that too. Do they do this every year?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, apparently every Valentine's day there's a big public party while they build it.
    We're gonna try to go next year.

    ReplyDelete