Sunday, March 14, 2010

...seventythree/threehundredsixtyfive...

Last night, the highschool-style formal dance of my wife's medical school ,aka: "LEPROM", was a surprisingly fun, albeit long, night.  Not without much personal protest we ended the night at some chump-filled dance club called Boardwalk.  Not really my scene and now I have to dry clean my suit.

Overall I enjoyed watching my wife have a great time with all the awesome people she has gotten so close to since starting school 9ish months ago.  It was nice to be part of the crew for a change instead of just hearing about all of her friends.

And the wife looked smokin' hot. (yeah, I know, the dreaded "pop up" flash shadow ruins this awesome portrait.   My new flash will arrive this week)






















I spent the majority of the day building this panoramic tripod head.  It is a complicated technique but simple design.   I won't go way into it but it just means my large scale landscapes should definitely improve.


















Plus I found a new HDR program that looks promising for more realistic images.  I haven't done any HDR lately beacause it seems like it's way overdone now and sticks out like a sore thumb.  This program seems to do it the right way.  Here's my first try with it. It's not a scene that necessarily needed HDR but I just randomly pulled over and shot it when I was on my way back from the Home Depot.

No comments:

Post a Comment