Tuesday, March 23, 2010

...eightytwo/threehundredsixtyfive...

Today is our wedding anniversary and I have to say that eight years ago, I made the best decision of my life.

I bought this beautiful scentless rose for my beautiful fragrant wife.  You may have noticed the general lack of perfume when at your favorite florist these days.  In humanity's genetic quest for large, hardy, long stemmed, vivid colored, many petaled roses we have had amazing success. The trade off is the lack of olfactory stimulation, which if you ask me is almost as important as it's beauty.  I jammed my nose into this rose and nearly inhaled it and, alas, not more than a vague hint of scent (I may have imagined it).  Pretty disappointing, though it's definitely easy on the eyes.

Here's your quintessential cliche' dewy rose macro shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment