Saturday, March 27, 2010

...eightysix/threehundredsixtyfive...

Today the mailman brought my TTL flash (meaning it can auto adjust "through the lens").  It's so great!
I dragged the kids out to the woods for some portraits with much moaning and groaning.
It's got a "slave mode" option that essentially makes it a wireless flash.  So using my "gorilla-pod" I tried some off-camera flash shots by attaching the flash to various branches and roots, with mixed results.  It'll take some work to hone the skill but it's definitely easier than the manual flash I exchanged for it.  I need to work on my timing especially in slave mode, I'm so used to snap snap snap snap... I forget the flash needs a bit more time to recycle power. That's why the flash is more apparent in some of the shots over others.  Plus it was getting darker with every passing second.




No comments:

Post a Comment