Sunday, May 23, 2010

...onehundredfortythree/threehundredsixtyfive...

These are just a sampling of the many (225) great shots I took this weekend at the N-SSA national competition.  My father-in-law has been a member for 25 years.

No, they do not "re-enact" Civil War battles, they target shoot all varieties of weapons from the period, carbine rifle, muskets, and even cannons.  The teams are named after original regiments and they are required to wear Civil War era garb.  But, again, they do not pretend to kill each other, they kill targets, clay pigeons, tiles, pots and such with real bullets, musket balls, and cannon balls.  It's pretty damn cool.  The team is a great bunch of guys that are like an extended family.  I'd join myself but I have never been able to hit anything but the ground with a gun, besides I already have one expensive hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment