Monday, October 18, 2010

...twohundredninetyone/threehundredsixtyfive...

I love this house.  I know I've shot it before but I was driving by this evening and it called to me.

If I had a large amount of disposable income I would buy this and all my other favorite abandoned properties so I could have total access to them without the hassle of sneaking or looking like a creep.  I wouldn't think about restoring them but they would definitely become photography studios.  I can only imagine what this place looks like inside.

Previously, I tried a "Jeff Brouws" style shot with this house and didn't really come close.  He's amazing and I won't begin to compare my work to his but I think this first shot is closer.  When looking at his images I'm inspired by the way he frames his scenes, the dual frames and where they're slightly incongruent,and the subjects he chooses.
I'm really struggling to create more compelling images and find my own style.  I know a lot of my photographs don't really express that but, hey, you try to shoot a groundbreaking photo every single day.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment