Sunday, November 7, 2010

...threehundredeleven/threehundredsixtyfive...

When I was a baby, my mother, who is an extreme arachnophobic, would play the "little spider, big spider" game with me.  This game consisted of her, with a spider-shaped hand, lightly tickling my belly or back while saying softly, "little spider, little spider, little spider...".  Then unexpectedly she would jump her hand up and down, saying gruffly and loudly, "BIG SPIDER, BIG SPIDER!"  I would giggle every time.  

I now love spiders...especially big ones. 

Now if only someone had played "little snake, big snake" with me...
Maevia inclemens or common jumping spider


2 comments:

  1. Excellent shots!!! Congratulations!!

    http://balapertotarreu.blogspot.com

    Frank, Barcelona

    ReplyDelete
  2. EeeeeeUuuuuuuWwwwwww, UGH, YUK!!!! Guess Who?

    ReplyDelete