Monday, March 21, 2011

Early Spring Hike

I spent a couple hours hiking around the woods "near" the Trolley Line Trail (I never seem to stay on trails).
The skunk cabbage is blooming, one of the first definite signs of Spring.  I'm fascinated by these little blossoms, they maintain a balmy 72 degrees inside and on chilly spring days if you peek in you'll find honeybees taking refuge.

I trudged happily through boggy marshes in my (formerly) shiny new hiking boots and tried to get lost, I found a tiny waterfall and giant tree fungi (whom pleasantly allowed my to pose with them).


2 comments:

  1. I love that trail. Except for the immense amounts of poison ivy that lurk everywhere along it. I continue to theorize that poison ivy loves man-disturbed ground (i.e. train track grade). I should go hike that soon before it gets too poison-ivy-i-fied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your taking pictures, like a boss

    ReplyDelete